Friday 31 March 2017

Magic's End

A couple of hours later Jack stomped into Jonah’s living room.  “It’s amazing we were born with any brains in our head, considering the morons who conceived us,” Jack said bitterly.  “No chemo, no radiation, no nothing.  She’s just giving up.”

“According to Dad, the doctors said it was hopeless.”

“And since when do doctors know what the hell they’re talking about?  They were using leeches like fifty years ago!”

“I don’t know about that.”

“My point is, even if it’s a remote chance that treatment would work, isn’t a remote chance better than no chance?” Jack snapped.  He dropped onto the couch.  “I just can’t believe this.  I had no idea.”

“She has been acting weird lately, I guess," Jonah said, but Jack was quick to retort, “Who can tell?  She’s always acting weird.  How was I supposed to know that this week it meant she had a fatal illness?”


No comments:

Post a Comment