Friday 9 June 2017

Still Here


I was one fear closer to here
lost in a night too dark for sleeping
was it me on the ledge        or was it you
whispering
                                                               
                         don’t give up too soon
don’t give up
too soon                                                                                                                                                                                              
when I am breaking           

I am a fool

where do I stand

I am a piece of stone mixed in
with all this sand
                                                               
yet full of proof
of what died         
with you
                               
                why did you bring me here to my cyclone second
when rage engulfs this bridge from earth to heaven                    
cinder through and through                                                                                                                                        
you ask too much                               you do

for one whisper like the hint of water splashed on embers  
for one storybook of dreams with its message tethered 
to the fading metal moon

the sun  it can  be cruel
now that I gave too much                 too soon                  
  
Is this your plan

is this your one    
your great             
your smoky last demand  

or
my intention
my blue-flame doom

because
burned across my heart your forgotten message
the language lost in time with the words rewritten
resuscitate the girl she is out of breathing
collapsed under the hope she could not believe in
the soot was in her eyes she could only cry

was this my one great truth

did I give up
                too soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment