Friday 25 August 2017

Meoisis



I have been pining for you, old friend
I have been searching for clues of 
your existence
I have been listening to the buzz of
the lamps, my friend
but in the end we are all
without evidence

Because you are the final cause
you are my buried investments
When I search the heat registers for you
I find cotton balls that missed the garbage
can

I stand on my toes and scream
through my stomach
I fly off the linoleum by the force
of my breath
I plead to the cobwebs for you to listen
I wake up with charlie horses at 3 am

I lost my travel book centuries ago
burned the forest where you
were my favorite tree
You are the reality I cannot 
close in on
what flew through my hair that 
I mistook for permanency

I would like a chance to hold you, old friend
I would like to touch your materialness
But I beat against the kitchen table instead
keeping time with rhythmic
loneliness

2 comments: