Wednesday 2 August 2017

The Migraine



I am not well, I tell the dragon.
Still.

Yes. I know.

My head hurts 
It feels strange 
I don’t know what normal is anymore but
I want to remember
I want to remember what it
feels like to hold my head in place
to not feel as if it was either going to
fly off
or pull me down to the
bottom of the ocean and
hold me there
an anchor I cannot escape
I am not allowed those memories anymore
I am not allowed any memories at all.

Maybe if you asked.

I did.

And?

Nothing talks
only gabbles
claws at my face
Be quiet I said
so here I am
attempting to kill what I
I have resurrected instead
Go ahead and  laugh
there is nothing else to do.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know how much I enjoy your blogs and images. Beautiful. Sorry I haven't commented before now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means a great deal to me. :-)

      Delete