Saturday 2 September 2017

Judgment






















I have considered you as
I watch the creeping
mold overtake the
paint on the
walls.
As the dampness of an
unventilated room drowns
each molecule of
air.
And I wonder which inevitability
chased my belief in you 
away.
But whatever took me down the
other road--
it becomes simply another 
irrelevant
better left unknown.

And just when I thought I had made
myself old over wishing for 
something to whisper like a
kind stranger into 
my ear,
I understand, and I do not
blame you
I find myself catching the edge of
every movement of atmosphere even
the leaves have forgotten,
listening
waiting...

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Not sure I understand it as you may have written it, but I love it anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. :-) Whatever it means to you is exactly what it means.

    ReplyDelete