Wednesday 12 August 2015

Journal entry, February 5, 2008


Sometimes I wish I could go back to the box.

One foot in this world and one foot in the other.  Why would anyone want to stay there?  To close my eyes and dream forever.

A girl’s voice I thought I wanted to forget.

Today joy was in the terrier’s face as she bounced along the road.  Profoundly satisfied by the day’s events and unexpected adventures.

Today sadness was the tired face of someone who has been chronically ill for longer than she is used to.  Predictability can be a lovely thing.

One foot in this reality and yet to never seem quite real at all.  Was I just reading as a child or educating myself for the reality to come?  Everything and nothing makes sense anymore.

Nothing was meant to be remembered let alone examined and understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment