Sunday 28 August 2016

Elegy


This is a study in shattering
the shattering of the dust clouds
raging above the earth

the shattering of the net underneath
our breaking connection line
of only the endless clicking as we
swallow the sky

because this is a study in reality
what little of it is there is left to
hold against our one line of
defense

when wishing will not make it so
when the brutality of existing
requires me to let you
go

and I am thundering through
this what must be
shattering the glass with the howling
wind of disappointment wrapped
around me

because this is a study in endings
of our ending duly recorded but
eroded by time

yes I am alone
that is my tree on the hill
my gray sky to raise my muted
expectations to…


From my collection of poetry, The Snow Documents, now available on Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OJEMAYC#nav-subnav

No comments:

Post a Comment