Friday 22 April 2022

Acceptance

 

The peace that comes, my love,
                I will find
I will find
It is the peace that comes
it knows its price
and I will find
                I will find
the yesterday visions I have been
misting through with
tomorrow eyes
Lost in this great divide
                something marginally less insane
                drifting into its own undiscovered
                plane
                in time
when I cannot deny
                the madness that roams 
                these abandoned halls
                looking for the
                commandeered ride
tell me why 
I waved the white flag
when the night never bent to hear
my surrender cries
                I will find
                                I will find
this peace
                for the balking
                for the strangers walking with
                knowledge of the blind
the blind
acceptance displaying the
colors of its price
pushing through the ruins of a victim's
daydream lies
ruins blocking the sun the moon 
                the rise
I will find
                I will find
the peace I can send ahead
and slow dance behind
Because this is your peace now
                yes, this is your peace now
fool for waiting
fooled into waiting for
something more
but there is no lock on the door
and now you can shut out nothing
                let alone the memory of
                the war
All bruised and tattered and sore
                as long as it hurts less than the no-peace
                you were forever crashing through
                before
Because this is your peace now
                this is your peace now
and in the end what you will find
is the quiet absence of any power you
once believed built a castle in the sky
                hidden in his golden palace in the sky
cringing on the cloud throne
playing blind man’s buff with time
                his hands reaching for you
                his hands reaching for you
but even the unbroken must learn how to cry
alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment