Tuesday 3 May 2022

Cold

 

my nighttime disguise         

this ink-stained mystery      

wrapped in broken           

bloodied history


which ring do I hold            which soul do I own            

will the blood in my veins      turn into snow


or should I sink

sink

sink

find a new home

deep in the drink


do I bear witness         can I name the crime             

will I break their hearts                      will they break mine                


only to limp         not to run               will I speak           will I jump


here where we cross

    where I fly fly fly               

         where words lift off the ground                       


open up the sky


I say no more     not tonight

if it wants to live    I will not watch it die


just to see              just to fail        

a tiger once caught

by the tip of its tail

        farewell                  farewell


                        my fairy tale

 
farewell farewell…




No comments:

Post a Comment