Tuesday 23 June 2015

The Day After


            It was not the water I feared but the coming

                                                down

                          the expelling of the clouds from my lungs
            I was not alone but I could feel the earth tearing

                                                it was torment it was joy
                                    it was for one morning dream to know
                                                I would not be           

broken
           
            Until full of torture full of faith I woke up in another place

                                    The coming back
                        the coming
down
                                                           
                        back here where all one can do is breathe
           
air

            believe in me   because it is not the water I fear
           
                        to cast a net
            to hide in a shadow
                        to be that misleading and without any meaning
                                                            when I am this full of
             
            impossibilities inside

                        and as I lay here alone I would not complain
                                    if I could just resurrect

                                                what we killed to survive
                       
            In a bold moment
            I said it had been worth it
            but knew you did not believe me       and neither did I

                        my black and blue hope you were hearing     

                                    to come
                                                to fight
                       
I am so tired of death

            please

                                   let it just once be life

No comments:

Post a Comment