Sunday 6 September 2015

Forsaken



I nail my hair to the floor
whisper through the strands

                Oh my Hosanna
                do you hear me tonight?
                oh my Hosanna
                shoot me a sign because
                I lift you up
                               I lift you up
                until you are the

highest  
                               
                                                I cast you               you take flight
                                                into this deconstructing night
                                                rain shining hammers
                     down
                                                                upon my head
                                                upon the dead memories I
                                                scatter on your altar
                             like lilies
                                                                                   resurrected

               
For you I know of fires
                                around my eyes they burn
                                they bring me here with
                                crooked fingers

                I shoot you higher
                count the nails tumbling from my hands
                                you forgot me       left me here
                a thousand angels with tar-pitched wings
                                they drag me to this precipice
                they drag me here
                                life is for the jumping
               
oh my Hosanna Hosanna in the highest
               
                                   you bury me like a stick
                                   after you have broken off the buds

                to cast you             to take flight

                                they drag me here
                                call me fool to my face
                                show me my swelling toes underneath
                                your heels

                                                and these nails
              tumble
upon my head


                                Yes, for you I have known of fires
                                with crooked fingers I
                                pray to you
                                through the ravaged ends of
                                my hair

the floorboards hear me
pity me

No comments:

Post a Comment