Tuesday 23 February 2016

In this world

Did you
                hold on                  to me
or did I reveal
my banshee soul                  to you
so much make believe
I trusted you         to know
to understand why
one must never
weep

silence a mocking foe
shrouded               in hope
I was waiting where did you go        
you cannot say and I         I just do not know
from way over there
you do not echo anywhere
I am so
lost
the deadliest place is no place new at all

this makes me sad               nothing I haven’t been before
this makes me wonder                        nothing I haven’t feared before
this makes me afraid to sleep with the door
closed

to remember is to fall
memory the betrayal of
what decorates the hall
a collection of explosions
kept
in an open jar

because you let go
you let go

this makes me remember                   everything you forced me to know was true
this makes me walk away                                 from everything that reminds me of you

you could not       hold on
and I     
now I am gone…


No comments:

Post a Comment