Friday 12 February 2016

The Dance

This is my heart in denial                                                       
the scratching of the diamond
against the vinyl
I was young once it seems
and I spun your etched
reflection inside
of me

But reality is the toe breaker
is the dance
is the false teeth sitting
innocent in the glass

Since we tripped across
the recorded line
warped by finality one last time
let’s tango out the side door
let’s slam against the back of
agony once more
because reality doesn’t give a damn if
it makes you cry
we knocked the glass over and so
we must say goodbye

Yet if I could remember how
to listen once more
I would play your parting
heartache and store it in
the vaults of my head
oh you know I would and
the silence in your captured smile
would light up my synaptic
network for years and
for miles
if only I could sing the
words again

Yes this is my heart in denial
the scratching of the diamond
against the vinyl
I was young once it seems
I am old with your
memory carved into me

            Because it is hard to forget when there
            is broken glass on the ground
            hard to ignore the thunder
            in the emptiness of sound


No comments:

Post a Comment