Saturday 16 January 2016

Echoes


Do you need me now

                                could you hear me if you tried

not quite alone
not quite within

                straddling my own dimension

                                in time
               
what does it mean to lie
here

                the place you fell down from

                                                was the air so pure up there
                                that before you could warn me I
might find you

                                                                in the rustling of the trees  

you lost your breath
                and I was trapped
                under this avalanche of leaves        

                                nowhere                

to know you

do you need me now

                                                could you speak if you tried

the story that binds me       to you
a balloon floating up into the sky
                                                                               
                when there is too much to hold

go ahead                               say it was supposed to be so

                That the color of light would blind me
                And the mystery of this starry night would deny me

                      the reason why I loved you
more than  snow on my
birthdays in December

Too close for me to show

                                do I need you now

could I hear you if I tried
could I speak the words to kiss this rumbling faith                      

        goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment