Saturday 30 January 2016

Losing faith


“I want a divorce.”

 Jonah looked up from the sports page.

“It’s obvious this marriage isn’t working,” Debbie said.  She had that pinched look on her face, the kind she wore whenever she knew she’d spent far too much for some article of clothing but was prepared to defend it to the death.  “I’ve tried everything I can to make you interested in me, and you never will be.  You just want to live in your own little world.  Well, there’s no place for me there, so I’m leaving.  I hope you won’t make it ugly.”

Jonah stared at her. 

Debbie stood up.  “And once again you have nothing to say.  I don’t know why I’m surprised.”


If you run away
did you run away
I will not rejoice at your
falling
run away again
your life is your prison

No comments:

Post a Comment