Saturday 17 September 2016

A Simple Life

I do not know the riddle
I am tired, and I am not well
I cannot be alone
I am scared and exhausted with the effort
of being awake
It feels like I have been awake forever
I dream of snow
of running in it
of hearing the crunch of my footsteps
on the ice
I dream of diving into the water
so deep
and not needing air
I wish I had never seen it
never heard of it
never known it
I wish I could only remember it
as I ran in the snow

All very poetic, the dragon says
but you told me once
that wishing will not make it so
will you not join us here?
Not even the butterflies are
afraid

I am not well, I repeat
I want none of your riddles
I only want peace

There is the problem, my child
there will be no peace until
you speak the words
You knew this long ago

No comments:

Post a Comment