Thursday 1 September 2016

The Open Door

silence a mocking foe
shrouded               in hope
I was waiting where did you go        
you cannot say and I         I just do not know
from way over there
you do not echo anywhere
I am so
lost
the deadliest place is no place new at all

this makes me sad               nothing I haven’t been before
this makes me wonder                        nothing I haven’t feared before
this makes me afraid to sleep with the door
closed

to remember is to fall
memory the betrayal of
what decorates the hall
a collection of explosions
kept
in an open jar

because I could not             hold on
now in your world
I am gone
I am gone...



You can purchase my collection of poetry, The Snow Documents, here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OJEMAYC#nav-subnav

No comments:

Post a Comment