Thursday 15 September 2016

Excerpt, A Window to the World

         
"I am sorry," the young man said, "but I simply cannot make sense of this.  How did you come to be at the place where we met?"

"I walked," Kitty answered, confused by the question.  "My aunt lives in the trailer park, not far from here."

"The trailer park?"

"Yes, it's very close.  Off the highway that leads to Las Vegas."

"Las Vegas!" the young man repeated.  He stared at Kitty in such a way that she felt her game face falter; something very, very strange was going on here.  "So it is true," he said.  "Yet how is this possible?"  

"How is what possible?"

The young man shook his head.  "What is the last thing you remember before you saw me?”
           
“Well…I was watching this lizard, and I saw something sort of—shimmering, I guess, so I went toward.  And then there you were,” Kitty told him.  “But where did you come from?  Are you French?  I could have sworn I was alone.”

“I am not French, and you were alone,” the young man answered.  “You are no longer in the Nevada desert.  You are not even in the United States.  You are in our world.”

*This will be appearing in serial form on https://channillo.com/ come November.  More details to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment