Friday 3 April 2015

Diary entry, April 17, 2004


I had a dream last night that I was visiting Joan.  It was night and I was in the bedroom, dialling Ryan’s number on my cell phone—I only had one digit to go when a strange man appeared in the doorway.  I tried to dial the last digit, but the guy took my phone.  Then and there I decided he wasn’t going to hurt me. 

So I started fighting him, shouting for Joan at the same time.  Somehow I got him into the kitchen.  As I struggled with him, I told Joan, who had shown up by now, “Hit him with something!”  And what does she pick up?  A short stack of Tupperware bowls.  “No, hit him with a pot,” I yelled.  I then grabbed a saucepan, and conked him on the head with it just hard enough to knock him out. 

Thus, we ended up being fine, but I couldn’t believe that in “helping” me Joan handed me some Tupperware.  She was offended by my annoyance, so afterwards I was trying to be nice about it, telling her, “Well, some Tupperware could a hurt a person."  But it still seemed incredibly stupid.  Especially since she’d just been standing there, doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment