Tuesday 21 April 2015

Letter to Ryan, December 17, 1989


I talked to my dad today and it was quite an ordeal.  He told me that he wanted me to visit while he was on vacation (the week of Christmas), which I said was impossible because I’m visiting a friend the 27th-29th.  So he said I should spend that weekend with him (including New Years’ Eve) to which I said, “No way, Jose” or something to that effect, anyway.  So I suggested that I spend some other weekend in January.  Well, Dad flipped out and said he wanted me to visit while he was home and not working.  I asked him where he’d be on the weekend if he wasn’t going to be at home, which greatly confused him.  He kept repeating how I had to visit him while he’d be at home, which leads me to wonder just exactly what does he do with his weekends...?   Does he have some island home in the Pacific that he visits from Friday through Sunday? 

By the time I hung up Dad could hardly spell my name.  He told me to write down my schedule for my entire break (as if I know what it’s going to be...oh, yeah, I’m psychic) so that he could mull it over and decide when I should visit.  (From 8:03 a.m. to 8:04 a.m. I will be brushing my teeth...)   I never knew a semester break could be so stressful!

So did the Vikings win today?  Did the Bears win?  Oh, please, send me all of the football scores and stats, will you, huh, huh, please?!

No comments:

Post a Comment