Tuesday 28 July 2015

Dream Journal, February 22, 2005


Was having terrible thoughts last night before I went to bed; felt like I was going crazy.  Had a very rough week.

I had a dream I was back in school, but with a teacher I really liked.  I loved the class so much that I was almost sad when it ended, I hadn't been watching the clock at all.  When I got out of school it was pitch black outside.  I had a long walk home and to get there I had to go down this short stretch of really dark street. It scared me so I started to walk very quickly.  There were trees and the sidewalk was narrow.  When I noticed shadowy people around me I stuck to the curb so that cars passing by would see me if anything happened.  I wondered why I hadn't gone the way home I normally did, that was better lit with crossing guards.  The problem was, I couldn't remember that route anymore; it also wasn't the most direct path.  Nor did it seem that much safer, because I thought I still had to walk down a dark block at some point.

I felt massively relieved when I got to the well-lit section of the street, but then I started hearing this ominous voice telling me how everyone was going to blame me.  No one would believe that he, the voice talking to me, was the one who had planned everything.  I couldn't see who was talking until I passed a man wearing a very scary mask and a robe.   I attacked him and fought him, managing to pull his mask off.  It turned out he was the head of the local Chamber of Commerce.  Once again he said no one would believe me.  As he went off I had this thought that he was going to be caught—that I would catch him on tape.  Seemed like it might be okay in the end.  


No comments:

Post a Comment